City of Waveland, Mississippi
Mayor Mike Smith
invites you to come in
and visit the
Official Website of the
City of Waveland, Mississippi.
Due to sever weather, tonight's regularly
scheduled Meeting of the
Board of Mayor and Aldermen
is cancelled and will be held
Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 6:30 PM
HANCOCK COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, MAYOR OF BAY ST. LOUIS, MAYOR OF WAVELAND, MAYOR OF DIAMONDHEAD, DIAMONDHEAD CITY MANAGER, HANCOCK COUNTY SHERIFF, BSL POLICE AND FIRE CHIEF, WAVELAND POLICE AND FIRE CHIEF, DIAMONDHEAD FIRE, VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS, AIRPORT, PORT AND HARBOR.
The following is from the National Weather Service Slidell Office 4:00 am Weather Update on the Potential Tropical Weather System that could impact the Gulf Coast Area.
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Three will affect the area through at least mid-week
- Tropical Storm Warning now in effect for much of coastal Southeast LA
- Developing tropical cyclone in the Gulf with high chance of development next 48 hours
- Heavy rain will be primary threat to Southeast LA and southern MS, almost regardless of track
- Current forecast is 4-8” with potential for 10-15+”
- Heaviest rain currently expected Wednesday and Thursday
- 1-3 feet of inundation with isolated areas possibly seeing up to 4 feet of inundation as of greatest risk:
- East and southeast facing shores- especially Plaquemines and St. Bernard (outside of levee protection), and Hancock County
- Tides could begin rising Tuesday with a peak during high tide Wednesday and Thursday
- Most likely timing of tropical storm force wind onset would be late this afternoon into tonight – mainly along the coast of Southeast Louisiana.
- Reasonable earliest arrival would be midday, again, along the coast of Southeast Louisiana
SAND AND SAND BAGS WILL BE AT THE ATTACHED LOCATIONS BY 12 NOON, TUESDAY:
The Announcements Page contains important and timely
- HANCOCK COUNTY HORSE ARENA: 4184 KILN/DELISLE ROAD
- OLD HANCOCK COUNTY COMPLEX: 3068 LONGFELLOW DRIVE
- LAKESHORE COMMUNITY CENTER, 6440 LOWER BAY ROAD
- BAYSIDE FIRE DEPARTMENT, 6215 WEST HINDS STREET
- WEST HANCOCK FIRE DEPARTMENT: 16006 WASHINGTON STREET
information and is updated regularly. Please check it often.
This website is being developed as a one-stop destination for information relevent to residents, visitors, business owners
and others with an interest in the City of Waveland.
As this site will always be a work-in-progress, it will be
continously updated, so please check back often.
Most documents and forms on this site are in Adobe Acrobat
Portable Document Format (pdf) and will require the use of
a suitable software program in order to be read or printed.
This software is usually included with your computer. If you
have difficulty opening or printing these documents,
please contact the Webmaster for assistance.
In addition to providing information relative to Waveland, we
also have information on preparing for emergencies, a real-time weather tracking chart as well as links to other useful sites.
If you notice any errors, omissions or broken links or if you
have suggestions to improve this site, please click on theWebmaster Contact
link to your left.
Thank you for stopping by and please come back often.